Oct. 6, 2017
Pacific Palisades, Calif. -- The march continues for Florida Atlantic University women's tennis player Aliona Bolsova at the ITA All-American Championship at the Riviera Tennis Club in Pacific Palisades, Calif. as the newcomer has advanced to the semifinals in a field of the best collegiate tennis players in the nation.
• On Friday, ITA No. 30 Bolsova beat Texas Tech's Felicity Maltby 6-4, 6-0 in the round of 16 to advance.
• Later in the day, Bolsova upended USC's Gabby Smith 7-5, 6-1 to clinch her spot in Saturday's semifinals. There, she will square off against FIU's Andrea Lazaro. The winner will take on either Vanderbilt's Ferananda Contreras or Texas Tech's Gabriela Talaba for the championship on Sunday.
• Bolsova, ranked No. 30 in ITA Singles, was the No. 5 seed in the qualifying rounds where she opened with a 6-4, 6-2 win over TCU's Donika Bashota and a 6-3, 6-1 victory against Clemson's Marie Leduc on Tuesday.
• The Spaniard continued her run with a 6-7(4), 6-2, 6-4 win against Makenna Jones of North Carolina to advance to the Main Draw Singles.
• Bolsova opened the Main Draw with her 6-3, 6-3 win against Idaho's Marianna Petrel.
• Bolsova and Natalia Boltinskaya competed in doubles action with an 8-5 win over Harvard on Tuesday and an 8-4 win on Wednesday against the 7th-seeded duo from Oregon.
• Their doubles run came to an end in the final qualifying round in an 8-1 loss to a duo from Virginia on Wednesday.
To keep up with Bolsova's singles run, visit http://www.itatennis.com/Events/ITANationalChampionships/WomensAllAmerican.htm