Pacific Palisades, Calif. – Florida Atlantic University women’s tennis standout Aliona Bolsova has advanced to the ITA All-American Quarterfinals at the Riviera Tennis Club in Pacific Palisades, Calif. after an impressive run through the qualifying rounds.
• Bolsova, ranked No. 30 in ITA Singles, was the No. 5 seed in the qualifying rounds where she opened with a 6-4, 6-2 win over TCU’s Donika Bashota and a 6-3, 6-1 victory against Clemson’s Marie Leduc on Tuesday.
• The Spaniard continued her run with a 6-7(4), 6-2, 6-4 win against Makenna Jones of North Carolina to advance to the Main Draw Singles.
• Bolsova opened the Main Draw with her 6-3, 6-3 win against Idaho’s Marianna Petrel.
• She will face Texas Tech’s Felicity Maltby Friday at 1:45 ET
• Bolsova and Natalia Boltinskaya competed in doubles action with an 8-5 win over Harvard on Tuesday and an 8-4 win on Wednesday against the 7th-seeded duo from Oregon.
• Their doubles run came to an end in the final qualifying round in an 8-1 loss to a duo from Virginia on Wednesday.
To keep up with Bolsova’s singles run, visit http://www.itatennis.com/Events/ITANationalChampionships/WomensAllAmerican.htm