Sophomore Natasha Basma's story has been gaining national and local media attention over the last few weeks
Jan. 24, 2011
Boca Raton, FL - National and local media outlets have been sharing write-ups and video packages of Florida Atlantic University women's tennis player Natasha Basma over the last few weeks. Basma competes at a high level despite suffering from severe hearing loss.
To read the feature story done by Dale Long, assistant director of media relations, click here.
Below is a list of the various sources that have covered the story in the last few weeks.
* Read a profile done by the Palm Beach Post on Basma here. (January 16)
* Watch WPTV (NBC 5) out of West Palm Beach television package by clicking here. (January 16 and January 19)
* NCAA publications had a write-up of Basma here. (January 21)
* Sun Belt Conference had the story here. (December 16)
* Deaf Wave posted the story here. (January 17)
* Deaf Weekly posted the story here. (January 17) Scroll down to Sports headline
The Owls continue the 2011 spring season on Wednesday, January 26 against Sun Belt Conference rival FIU at noon in Miami.