April 16, 2014
Boca Raton, Fla. – Florida Atlantic women’s tennis lost to Middle Tennessee State on Wednesday 4-1, in Norfolk, VA at the Conference USA women’s tennis tournament. FAU, the No. 16 seed, faced the No. 9 seeded Blue Raiders on the first day of the tournament hoping to overcome a lost to Middle Tennessee earlier this season. FAU finishes the season with a 10-11 overall record.
FAU freshman Lyndsey Boos won at the No. 4 position defeating Irina Constantinide 7-5, 6-2 to give FAU its only win of the match. Boos finished the season by winning four of her last five matches and an overall record of 9-7. FAU freshman Kandis Legall pushed her match to three sets before losing to Tiffany Williams 6-4, 3-6, 6-4. Legall finished the season with a 13-8 overall record and tied for the most wins on the team with Bianca Biglione (13-5).
Tennis Match Results
Florida Atlantic vs Middle Tennessee
Apr 16, 2014 at Norfolk, Va.
Middle Tennessee 4, Florida Atlantic 1
1. Tiffany William (MT) def. Kandis Legall (FAU) 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
2. Jesse Grace (MT) def. Stephanie Cardullo (FAU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Nayara Morales (MT) def. Catalina Ene (FAU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Lyndsey Boos (FAU) def. Irina Constantinide (MT) 7-5, 6-2
5. Flavia Nagayama (MT) def. Natalia Tomaszewicz (FAU) 6-1, 6-2
6. Sarah Sediri (MT) vs. Bianca Biglione (FAU) 1-6, 2-0, unfinished
1. Bianca Biglione/Stephanie Cardullo (FAU) vs. Tiffany William/Nayara Morales (MT) no result
2. Kandis Legall/Natalia Tomaszewicz (FAU) vs. Jesse Grace/Irina Constantinide (MT) no result
3. Catalina Ene/Lyndsey Boos (FAU) vs. Sarah Sediri/Flavia Nagayama (MT) no result