April 11, 2004
Miami, FL - Alena Dvorakova extended her singles win streak to eighteen matches, but no. 63 Florida Atlantic University fell, 5-2, at no. 73 Florida International University, Sunday afternoon in Miami, FL. Dvorakova won her match at no. 1, 7-6, 6-4. FAU fell to 15-5 on the year while FIU improved to 13-5.
Karolina Roubickova tallied FAU's other point at no. 2. The senior won her match, 6-4, 6-3. Roubickova has won seven straight singles matches.
Dvorakova and Roubickova also notched FAU's lone doubles win. The tandem won 8-6 at no. 1.
The Lady Owls next match will come at the Atlantic Sun Tournament, April 14 or 15. Seeds will be announced later this week.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Paula Zabala (FIU) 7-6, 6-4.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Mei Ly (FIU) 6-4, 6-3.
3. Bruna Discordia (FIU) def. Veronika Koksova (FAU) 6-7, 6-4, (5).
4. Shilla D'Armas (FIU) def. Krystel Borg (FAU) 6-2, 6-4.
5. Desanka Jovanovic (FIU) def. Stephanie Beaulieu (FAU) 6-2, 6-3.
6. Christine Suard (FIU) def. Katherine Bartnik (FAU) 6-1, 6-2.
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Ly/Discordia (FIU) 8-6.
2. Javanovic/Zabala (FIU) def. Borg/Koksova (FAU) 8-3.
3. D'Armas/Suard (FIU) def. Bartnik/Beaulieu (FAU) 8-2.
Women's Tennis Falls 5-2 Versus No. 45 Miami
Gutierrez, Owls Win Sixth Straight 6-1 Over Towson
FAU Player of the Week Honors go to Trio of...
Women's Tennis Tops GSU, NJIT to Win Fifth in a...
Gutierrez Clinches Match as Owls Nip NIU 4-3
Women's Tennis Handles George Washington 4-1
Women's Tennis Sweeps UConn 4-0