April 9, 2014
Boca Raton, Fla. (April 9, 2014) – Florida Atlantic women’s tennis lost to FIU on Wednesday 4-0, in their final regular season match. FAU finishes the regular season with a 10-10 overall record, after going 3-2 in their last five matches. The 10-10 finish is an improvement on last year’s 8-10 record and gives the Owls a .500 or above winning percentage in three of the last four seasons.
FAU freshman Kandis Legall was defeated by Carlotta Orlando 6-2, 6-2. Legall finished the regular season with a 13-7 seven record and had a nine game win streak during the season playing in the No. 1 position. FAU junior Natalia Tomaszewicz was defeated by Giuletta Boha 6-2, 6-0. Tomaszewicz finished the regular season with a 9-3 overall record and only had one lost through March. FAU freshman Lyndsey Boos was defeated by Alesksandra Trifunovic 6-4, 6-2. Boos finished the regular season with an 8-7 record. FAU freshman Bianca Biglione finished the regular season with a 13-5 and had a five game winning streak earlier this season.
Next up for FAU is the Conference USA tournament April 17-20, in Norfolk, VA.
Tennis Match Results
Florida International vs Florida Atlantic
4/9/2014 at Boca Raton, FL
Florida International 4, Florida Atlantic 0
1. Carlotta Orlando (FIU) def. Kandis Legall (FAU) 6-2, 6-2
2. AleksandraTrifunovic (FIU) def. Lyndsey Boos (FAU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Catalina Ene (FAU) vs. Nina Nagode (FIU) unfinished
5. Giuletta Boha (FIU) def. Natalia Tomaszewicz (FAU) 6-2, 6-0
6. Bianca Biglione (FAU) vs. Valentina Briceno (FIU) unfinished
1. Carlotta Orlando/Giuletta Boha (FIU) def. Kandis Legall/Natalia Tomaszewicz (FAU) 8-4
2. AleksandraTrifunovic/Nina Nagode (FIU) def. Catalina Ene/Lyndsey Boos (FAU) 8-5
3. Bianca Biglione/Stephanie Cardullo (FAU) def. Valentina Briceno/Tina Mohorcic (FIU) by Walkover