April 7, 2014
Boca Raton, Fla. (April 5, 2014) – Florida Atlantic women’s tennis beat Florida a&m in convincing fashion on Saturday, 4-0. FAU was able to win the match with four wins in singles. The win moves the owls to 10-9 on the season and 2-0 on the weekend with one more match to play this season.
In singles, FAU freshman Kandis Legall defeated Symone Townsend 6-2, 3-0 after Townsend retired due to injury. FAU freshman Lyndsey Boos defeated Monet Graves 6-2, 6-0. FAU junior Natalia Tomaszewicz defeated Elysia Ortiz 6-1, 6-0. FAU freshman Bianca Biglione defeated Stephanie Miller 6-0, 6-0.
FAU is back in action Wednesday April 9, at 1 p.m. against FIU at home in Boca Raton at Patch Reef Park.
Tennis Match Results
Florida A&M vs Florida Atlantic
4/5/2014 at Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic 4, Florida A&M 0
1. Kandis Legall (FAU) def. Townsend, Symone (FAMU) 6-2, 3-0, retired
2. Stephanie Cardullo (FAU) vs. Blackwood, Shantal (FAMU) unfinished
3. Lyndsey Boos (FAU) def. Graves, Monet (FAMU) 6-2, 6-0
4. Catalina Ene (FAU) vs. Robinson, Arrice (FAMU) unfinished
5. Natalia Tomaszewicz (FAU) def. Ortiz, Elysia (FAMU) 6-1, 6-0
1. Kandis Legall/Natalia Tomaszewicz (FAU) vs. Townsend, Symone/Ortiz, Elysia (FAMU) unfinished
2. Stephanie Cardullo/Bianca Biglione (FAU) vs. Blackwood, Shantal/Robinson, Arrice (FAMU) unfinished
3. Catalina Ene/Lyndsey Boos (FAU) vs. Miller, Stephanie/Clayton, Elizabeth (FAMU) unfinished