Dvorakova pushed her singles win streak to 15.
March 26, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - No. 66 Florida Atlantic University dropped its first match in March Friday afternoon, 4-2, against no. 70 Dartmouth College, in Boca Raton, FL. Dartmouth raced out to a 3-0 lead before FAU tried to mount a rally. The Lady Owls had won ten consecutive matches before stumbling Friday. The loss drops FAU to 13-4 on the year.
Trailing, 3-0, Alena Dvorakova tried to get things started for the Lady Owls. Dvorakova defeated Jayme Ahmed, 6-1, 6-3, at no. 1. Dvorakova's win was her 15th consecutive singles victory. The junior now stands 15-2 on the year. Her doubles mate drew FAU even closer at no. 2.
Karolina Roubickova was able to pull the Lady Owls to within in one, 3-2, by winning at no. 2. Roubickova topped Catherine Crandall, 6-2, 6-0. However, that was as close as FAU would draw. The Big Green's Sarah McNally closed the door on any comeback.
FAU dropped the doubles point but that didn't keep Dvorakova and Roubickova from registering a, 8-5, win at no. 1.
FAU takes the court against the University of South Florida, 10:00 am March 27, in Boca Raton, FL.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Jayme Ahmed (DC) 6-1, 6-3.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Catherine Crandall (DC) 6-2, 6-0.
3. Lindsay Winingham (DC) def. Veronika Koksova (FAU) 6-0, ret.
4. Sarah McNally (FAU) def. Tania Rivera (FAU) 6-2, 7-6 (7).
5. Krystel Borg (FAU) vs. Kerry Snow (DC) unfinished.
6. Ann Scott (DC) def. Katherine Bartnik (FAU) 6-1, 6-1.
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Scott/Winningham (DC) 8-5.
2. McNally/Snow (DC) def. Bartnik/Koksova (FAU) 8-4.
3. Ahmed/Crandall (DC) def. Borg/Rivera (FAU) 8-3.