March 19, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University's win streak reached 10 matches Friday afternoon as the Lady Owls defeated Army, 6-1, in Boca Raton, FL. Karolina Roubickova won at no. 1, as FAU dropped just one point and two sets on way to victory. The Lady Owls improve to 13-3 on the year.
The Lady Owls shared the six courts with the men's squad. Each team occupied three courts.
Following doubles and Roubickova's victory, Alena Dvorakova and Veronika Koksova gave FAU a 4-0 lead officially putting the match away. Dvorakova won her 14th consecutive singles match by defeating Ali del Moral at no. 2. Koksova extended her win streak as well. The junior's win at no. 3 was her eighth straight.
In doubles, Dvorakova and Roubickova combined to win, 8-5, at no. 1. At no. 3, Tania Rivera and Borg put the point away with an 8-4 win.
The Lady Owls host Dartmouth, 10:00 am March 26, in Boca Raton, FL.
1. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Marissa Limsiaco (A) 6-1, 6-3.
2. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Ali del Moral (A) 2-6, 6-1, 6-3.
3. Veronika Koksova (FAU) def. Megan Noble (A) 6-3, 6-2.
4. Melanie Bundoc (A) def. Stephanie Beaulieu (FAU) 6-1, 3-6, (7).
5. Krystel Borg (FAU) def. Amanda Paluch (A) 6-3, 6-4.
6. Katherine Bartnik (FAU) def. Lyndsey Nott (A)8-5.
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Limsiaco/Noble (A) 8-5.
2. Bartnik/Koksova (FAU) def. Bundoc/Moral (A) unfinished.
3. Borg/Rivera (FAU) def. Chavez/Paluch (A) 8-4.
Women's Tennis Falls 5-2 Versus No. 45 Miami
Gutierrez, Owls Win Sixth Straight 6-1 Over Towson
FAU Player of the Week Honors go to Trio of...
Women's Tennis Tops GSU, NJIT to Win Fifth in a...
Gutierrez Clinches Match as Owls Nip NIU 4-3
Women's Tennis Handles George Washington 4-1
Women's Tennis Sweeps UConn 4-0