Alena Dvorakova has won 13 consecutive singles matches, leading FAU to nine straight wins.
March 15, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - Alena Dvorakova brushed aside Christine Liehr, 6-0, 6-0, as Florida Atlantic University did the same to the University of Massachusetts, 4-0, Monday morning in Boca Raton, FL. With the win, the Lady Owls improve to 12-3 on the year while stretching their consecutive win streak to nine matches. Dvorakova has now won 13 consecutive singles matches.
FAU didn't drop a set in the match as it started by taking the doubles point. Dvorakova and Karolina Roubickova teamed at no. 1 to win, 8-1. Tania Rivera and Krystel Borg combined to seal the point with an 8-2 win at no. 2.
Dvorakova's win came next, with Katherine Bartnik following closely with a win at no. 6. Bartnik downed Jan Bartoloni, 6-2, 6-1.
Veronika Koksova made the match official, winning at no. 3. Koksova defeated Sasha Edelstein, 6-4, 6-1. Koksova has now won seven consecutive singles matches.
FAU next plays North Texas, 2:00 pm March 16, Boca Raton, FL.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Christine Liehr (UMass) 6-0, 6-0.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) vs. Stephanie Price (UMass) unfinished.
3. Veronika Koksova (FAU) def. Sasha Edelstein (UMass) 6-4, 6-1.
4. Tania Rivera (FAU) vs. Dorothy Iwanowicz (UMass) unfinished.
5. Krystel Borg (FAU) vs. Susan Hyams (UMass) unfinished.
6. Katherine Bartnik (FAU) def. Jan Bartoloni (UMass) 6-2, 6-1.
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Iwanowicz/Liehr (UMass) 8-1.
2. Borg/Rivera (FAU) def. Bartoloni/Price (UMass) 8-2.
3. Bartnik/Koksova (FAU) vs. Edelstein/Hyams (UMass) unfinished.