March 14, 2003
BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University won its second match is as many days, defeating Boston University, 5-2, on Friday afternoon. The victory marks the 10th of the season for the Lady Owls, compared to just four losses.
The Lady Owls soon pushed their lead to 2-0 when Roubickova downed Elena deMendoza, 6-1, 6-2, at no. 2 singles. That lead was soon cut in half as the Terriers captured the next point drawing close at 2-1.
Just as things started to look interesting, FAU put a stop to all the suspense by winning the next two matches. Aguirre-Gomez defeated Lisa Glas, 6-2, 6-1, at no. 3. At no. 1, Dvorakova followed with a 6-1, 7-6 victory over Lindsey Dynof. Dvorakova's win gave FAU a 4-1 lead and its third consecutive victory.
Tania Rivera was the last Lady Owl to earn a win from her no. 4 position.
FAU will next host Army, March 18, at 3:00 pm.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Lindsey Dynof (BU) 6-1, 7-6.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Elena deMendoza (BU) 6-1, 6-2.
3. Maria Aguirre-Gomez (FAU) def. Lisa Glas (BU) 6-2, 6-1.
4. Tania Rivera (FAU) def. Alana Marcu (BU) 7-6, 6-4.
5. Laura Ahmes (BU) def. Stephanie Beaulieu (FAU) 6-4, 6-2.
6. Aimee Charest (BU) def. Krystel Borg (FAU) 4-6, 6-4 (10-8).
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. deMendoza/Dynof (BU) 8-4.
2. Glas/Marcu (BU) def. Borg/Rivera (FAU) 8-2.
3. Aguirre-Gomez/Jessica Burrow (FAU) def. Charest/Monica Shepherd (BU) 8-4.
Women's Tennis Wraps Up Regular Season Versus FIU
Women's Tennis Falls 5-2 Versus No. 45 Miami
Gutierrez, Owls Win Sixth Straight 6-1 Over Towson
FAU Player of the Week Honors go to Trio of...
Women's Tennis Tops GSU, NJIT to Win Fifth in a...
Gutierrez Clinches Match as Owls Nip NIU 4-3
Women's Tennis Handles George Washington 4-1