March 13, 2014
Boca Raton, Fla. – Florida Atlantic women’s tennis beat Hillsdale College in convincing fashion on Thursday, 7-0. FAU won every match in both singles and doubles and did not surrender a set to Hillsdale. The win moves the owls to 6-7 on the season and 2-1 in their last three matches.
FAU senior Stephanie Cardullo and FAU freshman Bianca Biglione defeated Morgan Delp and Sydney Delp 8-3. FAU Junior Natalia Tomaszewicz and FAU freshman Kandis Legall defeated Lindsay Peirce and Dana Grace Buck 8-2. FAU junior Catalina Ene and FAU junior Taylor Briggs defeated Jada Bissett and Rachel Blaauw 8-1.
In singles FAU went 6-0, sweeping Hillsdale at every position. This is the first time this season the Owls have won swept the singles in a match. FAU’s Kandis Legall defeated Sydney Delp 6-0, 6-2. FAU’s Stephanie Cardullo defeated Morgan Delp 6-1, 6-0. FAU’s Natalia Tomaszewicz defeated Dana Grace Buck 6-2, 6-0. FAU’s Bianca Biglione defeated Lindsay Peirce 6-1, 6-0. FAU junior Taylor Briggs defeated Rachel Blaauw 6-2, 6-1 and FAU sophomore Claire-Mitchell Andrews defeated Jada Bissett 6-1, 6-1.
Hillsdale vs Florida Atlantic
Florida Atlantic 7, Hillsdale 0
1. Kandis Legall (FAU) def. Sydney Delp (HILLS) 6-0, 6-2
2. Stephanie Cardullo (FAU) def. Morgan Delp (HILLS) 6-1, 6-0
3. Natalia Tomaszewicz (FAU) def. Dana Grace Buck (HILLS) 6-2, 6-4
4. Bianca Biglione (FAU) def. Lindsay Peirce (HILLS) 6-1, 6-0
5. Taylor Briggs (FAU) def. Rachel Blaauw (HILLS) 6-2, 6-1
6. Claire-M. Andrews (FAU) def. Jada Bissett (HILLS) 6-1, 6-1
1. Stephanie Cardullo/Bianca Biglione (FAU) def. Morgan Delp/Sydney Delp (HILLS) 8-3
2. Natalia Tomaszewicz/Kandis Legall (FAU) def. Lindsay Peirce/Dana Grace Buck (HILLS) 8-2
3. Catalina Ene/Taylor Briggs (FAU) def. Jada Bissett/Rachel Blaauw (HILLS) 8-1