March 13, 2003
BOCA RATON, FL - No. 75 Florida Atlantic University defeated Miami University (OH), 6-1, on Thursday afternoon. The win improves FAU to 9-4 on the year. Karolina Roubickova led the Lady Owls by defeating Megan Zimpfer 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 at no. 1. The singles win marks the fifth consecutive victory for Roubickova.
FAU took a quick 1-0 lead by blanking the Redhawks in doubles, and then saw the lead balloon to 6-0 before Miami scored its lone point. Junior Tania Rivera was the first Lady Owl to score a singles victory when she beat Nancy Wiegand 6-2, 6-1, at no. 3. After that win the floodgates opened as Maria Aguirre-Gomez, Krystel Borg, and Stephanie Beaulieu each recorded singles wins.
FAU resumes play at FAU courts, March 14 at 2:00, against Boston University.
1. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Megan Zimpfer (MU) 6-3, 4-6, 7-6.
2. Maria Aguirre-Gomez (FAU) def. Grace Cascarilla (MU) 7-5, 6-0.
3. Tania Rivera (FAU) def. Nancy Wiegand (MU) 6-2, 6-1.
4. Krystel Borg (FAU) def. Remy Swain (MU) 6-2, 6-3.
5. Stephanie Beaulieu (FAU) def. Ilze Meyer (MU) 6-3, 5-0 (ret).
6. Maura Trauernicht (MU) def. Stephanie Oldock (FAU) 7-5, 3-6, 7-6.
1. Alena Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Swain/Zimpfer (MU) 8-6.
2. Aguirre-Gomez/Burrow (FAU) def. Meyer/Wiegand (MU) 8-5.
3. Borg/Rivera (FAU) def. Cascarilly/Trauernicht (MU) 8-1.
Women's Tennis Season Ends in C-USA Tournament
Women's Tennis Opens C-USA Tournament Thursday
Bianca Biglione Named To Conference USA All-Aca...
Women's Tennis Wraps Up Regular Season Versus FIU
Women's Tennis Falls 5-2 Versus No. 45 Miami
Gutierrez, Owls Win Sixth Straight 6-1 Over Towson
FAU Player of the Week Honors go to Trio of...