Veronika Koksova wins at no. 2
March 11, 2005
Alena Dvorakova defeated Szilvia Szegedi to improve her dual match record to 7-1 in Florida Atlantic University's 4-3 loss to Boston College. The loss drops the Owls to 2-6 on the season.
While Dvorakova led the way at No. 1 singles, Veronica Koksova and Jessica Williams were also victorious for the Owls. Koksova playing at No. 2 and Williams at No. 6. FAU's third point came in doubles with Dvorakova and Elodie Wendling defeating Gia Nafarrete and Szilvia Szegedi at No. 1 doubles.
FAU will next play host to Nova Southeastern 11 a.m., Sunday.
1. Alena Dvorakova and Elodie Wendling def. Nida Waeem and Gia Nafarrete 8-3
2. Katherine Bartnik and Veronika Koksova def. by Szilvia Szegedi and Lindsey Nash 8-6
3. Claudia Kecht and Jessica Williams def. by Caitlin Arnould and Morgan Landes 8-2
1. Alena Dvorakova def. Nida Waseem 6-2, 1-6, 6-3
2. Veronika Koksova def. Nida Waseem 6-4, 6-2
3. Katherine Bartnik def. by Morgan Landes 6-3, 7-5
4. Claudia Kecht def. by Lindsey 7-5, 6-4
5. Pia Terol def by Gia Nafarret 3-6, 6-4, 3-6
6. Jessica Williams def by Amy Molden 6-3, 6-2