Alena Dvorakova stands 10-2 in duel match play this season.
March 11, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL -
Florida Atlantic University's women's tennis team had little trouble posting its sixth consecutive win, 4-0, Thursday evening against no. 68 Virginia Tech. Alena Dvorakova knocked off the nation's 83rd ranked player, 6-3, 6-2, at no. 1 to help the Lady Owls improve their record to 9-3 on the year. Individually, Dvorakova has won 10 consecutive singles matches.
FAU began the match by winning the first two doubles matches and then steamrolled the rest of the way. Dvorakova teamed with Karolina Roubickova to win, 8-3, at no. 1 doubles. Veronika Koksova and Katherine Bartnik duplicated the same 8-3 score with a win at no. 2.
From there, Koksova and Bartnik carried their hot play into singles.
Koksova was the first Lady Owl to finish in singles, overpowering Ginger Lowdermilk, 6-3, 6-2, at no. 3. Barnik followed her doubles partner by putting away Carolina Rodrquez, 6-4, 6-2, at no. 6.
Dvorakova finalized the score with her win at no. 1.
FAU hosts no. 75 Yale University, 10:00 am March 13, in Boca Raton, FL.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Anat Elazari (VT) 6-3, 6-2.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) vs. Carolyn Kramer (VT) unfinished.
3. Veronika Koksova (FAU) def. Ginger Lowdermilk (VT) 6-3, 6-2.
4. Tania Rivera (FAU) vs. Felice Lam (VT) unfinished.
5. Krystel Borg (FAU) vs. Ashley James (VT) unfinished.
6. Katherine Bartnik (FAU) def. Carolina Rodriguez (VT) 6-4, 6-2.
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Lam/Lowdermilk (VT) 8-3.
2. Bartnik/Koksova (FAU) def. James/Kramer (VT) 8-3.
3. Borg/Rivera (FAU) vs. Elazari/Rodriguez (VT) unfinished.