Alena Dvorakova is 8-2 on the year.
March 9, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - Alena Dvorakova won her eighth consecutive match, as Florida Atlantic University continued its hot streak, defeating Boston University, 4-2, Tuesday afternoon in Boca Raton, FL. Dvorakova's 6-1, 7-5 win at no. 1 helped the Lady Owls improve their record to 7-4 overall. FAU has now reeled off four consecutive wins.
The Lady Owls began the match by cruising through doubles. Krystel Borg and Tania Rivera teamed to win, 8-0, at no. 2. Soon after, the pair of Katherine Bartnik and Veronika Koksova polished off their opponents, 8-2.
Koksova went on the register the first singles win. The junior dropped Elisa Glas, 6-0, 7-5, at no. 4.
BU came back, drawing within one point, 2-1, but the Lady Owls promptly put the match away starting with Dvorakova's victory. Borg followed with a, 6-1, 7-5, win at no. 5.
FAU takes on Georgia State, 2:00 pm March 10, in Boca Raton, FL.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Lindsey Dynof (BU) 6-1, 7-5.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) vs. Elena deMendoza (BU) unfinished.
3. Erin Katims (BU) def. Tania Rivera (FAU) 7-6, 6-1.
4. Veronika Koksova (FAU) def. Elisa Glas (BU) 6-0, 7-5.
5. Krystel Borg (FAU) def. Laura Ahmes (BU) 6-1, 7-5.
6. Aimee Charest (BU) def. Katherine Bartnik (FAU) 4-6, 7-5, (10-5).
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) vs. Charets/Dynof (BU) unfinished.
2. Borg/Rivera (FAU) def. deMendoza/Katims (BU) 8-0.
3. Bartnik/Koksova (FAU) def. Ahmes/Glas (BU) 8-2.