March 7, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University won its third consecutive match, defeating Seton Hall University, 5-0, Sunday afternoon, in Boca Raton, FL. The Lady Owls, led by Karolina Roubickova's 6-0, 6-0, victory at no.1, dropped just one set on the way to their sixth win. Overall, FAU stands 6-3 on the year and 1-1 in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
Roubickova's win, her first of the year at no. 1, came shortly after the Lady Owls took the doubles point.
In singles, Dvorakova won her seventh consecutive match, 6-1, 6-2, at no. 2, while Bartnik notched her second victory in as many days.
Tania Rivera rounded out the scoring for FAU. The senior won her match, 6-1, 6-0, at no. 3.
1. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Kim Barfuss (SHU) 6-0, 6-0.
2. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Viviana Figueroa (SHU) 6-1, 6-2.
3. Tania Rivera (FAU) def. Lorell Zamot (SHU) 6-1, 6-0.
4. Veronika Koksova (FAU) def. Catalina Isaza (SHU) unfinished.
5. Krystel Borg (FAU) def. Mai-liis Jogi (SHU) unfinished.
6. Katherine Bartnik (FAU) def. Veronika Gerka (SHU) 6-0, 6-2.
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Barfuss/Figueroa (SHU) 8-0.
2. Isaza/Zamot (SHU) def. Borg/Rivera (FAU) 8-4.
3. Bartnik/Koksova (FAU) def. Gerka/Jogi (SHU) 8-4.