March 5, 2014
BOCA RATON, Fla. (March 5, 2014) – Florida Atlantic women’s tennis fell to Xavier 6-1 on Wednesday. The Owls won only one singles match, but pushed several matches to a third set. The loss drops FAU to 4-6 on the season.
FAU freshman Kandis Legall won the only singles match for FAU, defeating Sydney Liggins 7-5, 6-2. Legall has been a bright spot for the Owls this season with an 8-2 record in ten matches this season. FAU junior Catalina Ene battled to a third set before losing to Daniella Patton 1-6, 6-2, 6-1. FAU freshman Bianca Biglione battled Andrea Wolf and cramping in her legs, before losing in the third set 7-5, 4-6, 10-6.
FAU plays their next match on the road taking on South Dakota on Sunday in Palm City at the Palm Coast Country Club.
Xavier University 6, Florida Atlantic 1
3/05/2014 at Boca Raton
1. Kandis Legall (FAU) def. Sydney Liggins (XU) 7-5, 6-2
2. Alex Brinker (XU) def. Stephanie Cardullo (FAU) 6-1, 7-5
3. Cristina Di Lorenzo (XU) def. Lyndsey Boos (FAU) 5-2, retired
4. Daniella Patton (XU) def. Catalina Ene (FAU) 1-6, 6-2, 6-1
5. Andrea Wolf (XU) def. Bianca Biglione (FAU) 7-5, 4-6, 10-6
6. Lizzie Oosterbaan (XU) def. Claire-M. Andrews (FAU) 6-3, 6-2
1. Sydney Liggins/Alex Brinker (XU) def. Stephanie Cardullo/Bianca Biglione (FAU) 8-2
2. Cristina Di Lorenzo/Daniella Patton (XU) def. Claire-M. Andrews/Kandis Legall (FAU) 8-3
3. Lyndsey Boos/Catalina Ene (FAU) vs. Allyson Westling/Andrea Wolf (XU) 4-7, unfinished