March 4, 2014
BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Florida Atlantic women’s tennis match started about twenty minutes late, but once the match started FAU wasted no time defeating Wright State on Tuesday, 6-1. FAU looked very strong in their third consecutive home win, moving the Owls to 4-5 on the season.
FAU won the doubles point for the third match in row with wins in the No. 2 and No. 3 position. FAU Freshman Lyndsey Boos and FAU Junior Catalina Ene defeated Chelsea Girgash and Megan Brdicka 8-2. The duo of Ene and Boos has won five of their last six matches together with one match unfinished. FAU freshman Kandis Legall and FAU sophomore Claire-Mitchell Andrews defeated Vanessa Madrigal and Tori Turner 8-3 for their second win together in doubles.
FAU freshman Kandis Legall continued her impressive win streak defeating Linsey Vestrepen 6-1, 6-4 and bringing her consecutive win total to seven. FAU Junior Catalina Ene pushed through three tiebreakers to defeat Vanessa Madrigal 7-6, 6-7, 10-7. FAU freshman Lyndsey Boos and Bianca Biglione both won in impressive fashion. Boos defeated Tori Turner 6-2, 6-2 and Biglione defeated Aby Madrigal 6-3, 6-1. FAU sophomre Claire-Mitchell Andrews defeated Lauren Smith 7-6 (7-4), 6-2.
FAU is back in action Wednesday March 5, at 1 p.m. against Xavier at home in Boca Raton at Patch Reef Park.
Florida Atlantic 6, Wright State 1
3/04/2014 at Boca Raton
1. Kandis Legall (FAU) def. Linsey Verstrepen (WRIGHT) 6-1, 6-4
2. Elaine Cloern (WRIGHT) def. Stephanie Cardullo (FAU) 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
3. Catalina Ene (FAU) def. Vanessa Madrigal (WRIGHT) 7-6, 6-7, 10-7
4. Lyndsey Boos (FAU) def. Tori Turner (WRIGHT) 6-2, 6-2
5. Bianca Biglione (FAU) def. Aby Madrigal (WRIGHT) 6-3, 6-1
6. Claire-M. Andrews (FAU) def. Lauren Smith (WRIGHT) 7-6 (7-4), 6-2
1. Stephanie Cardullo/Bianca Biglione (FAU) vs. Linsey Verstrepen/Elaine Cloern (WRIGHT) 6-6, unfinished
2. Kandis Legall/Claire-M. Andrews (FAU) def. Vanessa Madrigal/Tori Turner (WRIGHT) 8-3
3. Catalina Ene/Lyndsey Boos (FAU) def. Chelsea Girgash/Megan Brdicka (WRIGHT) 8-2