ORLANDO, Fla. – The Florida Atlantic University women’s tennis team went 1-2 on the weekend with a win over Oakland and losses to Liberty and No. 46 UCF in Orlando.
• FAU fell 4-2 to Liberty and 4-1 to UCF before finishing strong with a 7-0 win over Oakland to round out the weekend
• Laura Fabrizi and Ana Gutierrez teamed up to defeat Liberty 6-1 in doubles before Alisa Rudenko and Heather Walton followed suit 7-5 to take the doubles point.
• Marisa Ruiz defeated Liberty’s Eugenia Camacho 6-2, 7-6 to earn FAU’s other point in the match
• Lyndsey Boos and Ruiz topped UCF’s duo of Elizabeth Bagerbaseh and Nicole Jimenez 4-3 in doubles play Friday night, but the Knights took the doubles point
• Bianca Biglione knocked off Jimenez in singles action 6-3, 6-1 for FAU’s point
• On Sunday, FAU took care of business against Oakland as Gutierrez and Fabrizi sparked the shutout with a 6-0 win in doubles
• Rudenko and Walton won 6-1 before Boos and Jennifer Leib won 7-5 to take the doubles point
• Gutierrez and Rudenko each won their singles matches 6-2, 6-2
• Naiya Oden won 6-0, 6-4 • Boos defeated Daria Artamonova 6-2, 7-5
• Biglione won 6-2, 6-4 over Sofia Borcuti
• Ruiz rounded out the action with a 4-6, 6-3, 10-5 victory
FAU returns home for the remainder of its regular-season schedule, starting March 7 against Boston at 1 p.m. at the FAU Tennis Complex. Admission is free to the public.