Feb. 26, 2014
Boca Raton, Fla – Florida Atlantic women’s tennis defeated Oakland Wednesday 6-1. FAU looked impressive in victory, winning in 5 of 6 singles matchups and winning the doubles point in with victories in the 2 and 3 positions. The win gives the Owls their second victory on the season.
FAU sophomore Claire-Mitchell Andrews teamed with FAU freshman Kandis Legall to start the winning with an 8-0 victory over Tamara Blum and Elizabeth Guy. FAU Junior Catalina Ene and FAU freshman Lyndsey Boos defeated Cam Sabourin and Rebecca Phyle 8-5, to win the doubles point for the Owls.
In singles FAU junior Natalia Tomaszwicz lead the way winning without surrendering a game defeating Elizabeth Guy 6-0, 6-0. FAU freshman Bianca Biglione dropped her first game and then defeated Rebecca Phyle 6-1, 6-0. FAU freshman Kandis Legall defeated Cam Sabourin 6-4, 6-1 in the one position to secure victory. FAU junior Catalina Ene then went on to defeat Tamara Blum 6-3, 6-4 and FAU senior Stephanie Cardullo defeated Karine Celis 6-4, 2-6, 6-1.
The Owls look to carry the momentum of today’s win into this weekend’s match with Davidson, Saturday March 1, at 11 a.m. The match will be played at FAU’s home court, Patch Reef Park in Boca Raton.
Oakland vs Florida Atlantic
2/26/2014 at Boca Raton
Florida Atlantic 6, Oakland 1
1. Kandis Legall (FAU) def. Cam Sabourin (OAK) 6-4, 6-1
2. Stephanie Cardullo (FAU) def. Karine Celis (OAK) 6-4, 2-6, 6-1
3. Catalina Ene (FAU) def. Tamara Blum (OAK) 6-3, 6-4
4. Natalia Tomaszewicz (FAU) def. Elizabeth Guy (OAK) 6-0, 6-0
5. Juliana Guevara (OAK) def. Claire-M. Andrews (FAU) 6-7, 7-6, 10-8
6. Bianca Biglione (FAU) def. Rebecca Phyle (OAK) 6-1, 6-0
1. Stephanie Cardullo/Bianca Biglione (FAU) vs. Karine Celis/Juliana Guevara (OAK) 3-6, unfinished
2. Claire-M. Andrews/Kandis Legall (FAU) def. Tamara Blum/Elizabeth Guy (OAK) 8-0
3. Catalina Ene/Lyndsey Boos (FAU) def. Cam Sabourin/Rebecca Phyle (OAK) 8-5