Feb. 16, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - No. 70 Florida Atlantic University won its third consecutive match Monday afternoon, defeating Nova Southeastern University, 6-0, in Boca Raton. The Lady Owls improved their record to 3-2 on the year. NSU, a Division II opponent, was largely outmatched as FAU dropped just three games the entire afternoon.
Terescenko's win was her first career dual-match singles victory. The freshman from Pretoria, South Africa won, 6-0, 6-2, at no. 6.
FAU opens up Atlantic Sun Conference play against Jacksonville 8:30 am, February 20, in Boca Raton.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Michelle Alvarez (NSU) 6-0, 6-0.
2. Veronika Koksova (FAU) def. Pabon Haydee (NSU) 6-0, 6-0.
3. Krystel Borg (FAU) def. Stephanie Zevallos (NSU) 6-0, 6-0.
4. Stephanie Beaulieu (FAU) def. Victoria Dreshcr (NSU) 6-0, 6-0.
5. Katharina Terescenko (FAU) def. Sabrina Booi (NSU) 6-0, 6-2.
1. Dvorakova/Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Alvarez/Haydee (NSU) 8-0.
2. Beaulieu/Koksova (FAU) def. Pabon/Zevallos (NSU) 8-1.
3. Borg/Terescenko (FAU) vs. (NSU) default.
Women's Tennis Wraps Up Regular Season Versus FIU
Women's Tennis Falls 5-2 Versus No. 45 Miami
Gutierrez, Owls Win Sixth Straight 6-1 Over Towson
FAU Player of the Week Honors go to Trio of...
Women's Tennis Tops GSU, NJIT to Win Fifth in a...
Gutierrez Clinches Match as Owls Nip NIU 4-3
Women's Tennis Handles George Washington 4-1