Feb. 15, 2003
DAYTONA BEACH, FL -- Florida Atlantic University, ranked no. 75 in the nation, defeated Bethune-Cookman, 7-0, Saturday afternoon in a non-conference dual match in Daytona Beach, FL. The win improves FAU to 5-2 on the year.
FAU took advantage of a skeleton B-CC roster as the Wildcats only had four players eligible to play. That resulted in FAU winning three matches by default.
In doubles, the team of Krystel Borg and Karolina Roubickova defeated BCC's Elise Marshall and Dindi Robinson, 8-0. FAU's Alena Dvorakova and Stephanie Oldock used the same score against Renee Floyd and Shakira Hudson at no. 2 to clinch the first point. FAU won no. 3 doubles by default.
In singles, FAU dropped a total of three games in the four matches played. At no.1, Tania Rivera defeated Marshall, 6-1, 6-2. Borg blanked Robinson, 6-0, 6-0, at no. 2. Oldock and Stephanie Beaulieu did the same in their matches at no. 3 and no. 4.
Florida Atlantic next hosts Florida International February 21 at noon.
1. Tania Rivera (FAU) d. Elise Marshall (BCC) 6-1, 6-2.
2. Krystel Borg (FAU) d. Dindi Robinson (BCC) 6-0, 6-0.
3. Stephanie Oldock (FAU) d. Renee Floyd (BCC) 6-0, 6-0.
4. Stephanie Beaulieu (FAU) d. Skakira Hudson (BCC) 6-0, 6-0.
5. Maria Aguirre-Gomez (FAU) won by default.
6. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) won by default.
1. Borg/Roubickova (FAU) d. Marshall/Robinson (BCC) 8-0.
2. Alena Dvorakova/Oldock (FAU) d. Floyd/Hudshon (BCC) 8-0.
3. Aguirre-Gomez/Rivera (FAU) won by default.