Krystel Borg helped FAU even its record at 2-2.
Feb. 14, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - No. 70 Florida Atlantic University evened its record at 2-2 after defeating Northwood University, 6-1, Saturday afternoon in Boca Raton. Alena Dvorakova, Krystel Borg, and Stephanie Beaulieu each had an easy time at their respective positions. Dvorakova and Borg won, 6-2, 6-1, at no. 1 and 4, respectively. Beaulieu got her win, 6-1, 6-2 at no. 5.
Northwood, which ended last year ranked no. 2 in NAIA, was little match for the Lady Owls. With the loss the Seahawks fall to 1-1.
FAU jumped out to an early lead by sweeping the doubles matches. Katharina Terescenko grabbed her first victory at FAU, combining with Beaulieu to win 9-7 at doubles no. 3.
Karolina Roubickova and Veronika Koksova rounded out the points for FAU. Roubickova dropped Anna Kasakevich in a super tie-breaker, 7-5, 5-7 (8) at no. 2. Meanwhile, Koksova finished off Annie Deshamps, 6-2, 7-5, at no. 3.
FAU hosts Nova Southeastern at 3:00 am February 16.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Melanie Roy (NU) 6-2, 6-1.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Anna Kasakevich (NU) 7-5, 5-7 (8).
3. Veronika Koksova (FAU) def. Annie Deshamps (NU) 6-2, 7-5.
4. Krystel Borg (FAU) def. Jana Topinkova (NU) 6-2, 6-1.
5. Stephanie Beaulieu (FAU) def. Julie Harrouff (NU) 6-1, 6-2.
6. Trudi Smith (NU) def. Katharina Terescenko (FAU) 7-6, 6-4.
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Deshamps/Roy (NU) 8-2.
2. Borg/Koksova (FAU) def. Kasakevich/Topinkova (NU) 8-3.
3. Beaulieu/Terescenko (FAU) def. Harrouff/Smith (NU) 9-7.