Feb. 9, 2003
BOCA RATON - Florida Atlantic University jumped out to a 1-0 lead after winning the doubles point and never looked back on its way to a 6-1 victory. The win improves no. 75 FAU to 3-2 overall and 1-0 in Atlantic Sun Conference play. Alena Dvorakova won her fourth consecutive match at no. 1.
Dvorakova beat Milica Milovanovic, 6-2, 6-0, while Karolina Roubickova downed Jackie Bohannon, 6-2, 6-1, at no. 2.
With FAU leading 3-0, Krystel Borg's 6-1, 6-3 victory over Beth Hayden pushed the Lady Owls' lead to 4-0 and ensured the win.
Also winning a singles match was freshman Stephanie Oldock. Her win came in super-tiebreak fashion, 2-6, 7-5, 10-8, over Jennifer Wisnoski.
FAU earned the doubles point when Stephanie Beaulieu and Jessica Burrow combined to shutout the duo of Wisnoski and Caroline Woerle. Beaulieu and Burrow's win came on the heels of a Dvorakova and Roubickova victory.
Stetson falls to 1-3 and 0-1 in A-Sun.
FAU will resume play at Jacksonville, February 15, at 1:00.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) def. Milica Milovanovic (SU) 6-2, 6-0.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) def. Jackie Bohannon (SU) 6-2, 6-1.
3. Maria Aguirre-Gomez (FAU) def. Beth Hayden (SU) 6-1, 6-4.
4. Marina Levin (SU) def. Tania Rivera (FAU) 6-3, 5-7, 10-5.
5. Krystel Borg (FAU) def. Caroline Woerle (SU) 6-1, 6-3.
6. Stephanie Oldock (FAU) def. Jennifer Wisnoski (SU) 2-6, 7-5, 10-8.
1. Dvorakova/Roubickova (FAU) def. Hayden/Milovanovic 8-2.
2. Stephanie Beaulieu/Jessica Burrow (FAU) def. Levin/Wisnoski (SU) 8-0.
3. Bohannon/Woerle (SU) def. Aguirre-Gomez/Rivera (FAU) 8-6.