Alena Dvorakova won her match at the no. 1 position.
Jan. 25, 2003
Naples, FL - Florida Atlantic University made a clean sweep against Florida Gulf Coast University Saturday in Naples, FL. FAU won all three doubles matches and also took every singles match in coasting to a 7-0 victory. With the victory the Lady Owls move to 1-1 on the season.
FAU took a 1-0 lead after a clean sweep in doubles. In singles, FAU didn't drop one set on way to victory. Krystel Borg started the winning for FAU by blanking Desiree Collins 6-0, 6-0 at the no. 5 position, and Alena Dvorakova defeated Juliana Garcia 6-2, 6-3 at no. 1. Karolina Roubickova and Maria Aguirre-Gomez recorded victories at the no. 2 and 3 spots respectively. Lady Owls Tania Rivera and Stephanie Oldock also notched solid wins for FAU.
In doubles action, Aguirre-Gomez and Rivera combined for a 8-5 victory at no. 1. Meanwhile, the tandems of Burrow and Dvorakova, and Roubickova and Beaulieu won at no. 2 and 3 respectively.
FAU will play in Tampa at South Florida tomorrow at 11:00 am.
1. Alena Dvorakova (FAU) d. Juliana Garcia (FGCU) 6-2, 6-3.
2. Karolina Roubickova (FAU) d. Jessie Yaneva (FGCU) 6-1, 6-1.
3. Maria Aguirre-Gomez (FAU) d. Izabela Ciensinska (FGCU) 6-1, 6-2.
4. Tania Rivera (FAU) d. Angie Mykieta (FGCU) 6-0, 6-2.
5. Krystel Borg (FAU) d. Desiree Collins (FGCU) 6-0, 6-0.
6. Stephanie Oldock (FAU) d. Tenille Elias (FGCU) 6-4, 6-4.
1. Aguirre-Gomez/Rivera (FAU) d. Garcia/Yaneva (FGCU) 8-5.
2. Burrow/Dvorakova (FAU) d. Ciesinska/Mykieta (FGCU) 8-0.
3. Roubickova/Stephanie Beaulieu (FAU) d. Collins/Elias (FGCU) 8-1.