Owls record seven singles, four doubles victories
Owls fall 4-2 to WKU
Four seniors recognized in their final home match
This is a new program record and a more than 10 percent increase from 2016
Ana Gutierrez wins sixth consecutive singles match
- Posted a 5-7 singles record for the season (2-1 as No. 4 seed)
- Posted a 1-3 singles record
- Placed on C-USA Commissioner’s Honor Roll
- Graduated from Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School where she posted a 3.5 cummulative G.P.A.
- Played No. 1 her sophomore through senior seasons
- Led the squad to the District Championship Title as a senior
- Named Female Athlete of the Year at Dr. Michael M. Krop High School
- Captured the Level 3 Doubles Championship
- Advanced to the quarterfinals of the Bahamas Junkanoo Bowl ITF in 2015
- Biological science major
- Born Oct. 15, 1998
- Daughter of Shelby and Darin Oden
- Parents were outstanding athletes as well. Mother, Shelby, was all-area in track and field and made the Ft. Lauderdale all-star softball team. Father, Darin, played football and was a stuntman and had a role in the movie entitled Malcom X
- Brother is Darin Oden II, but goes by DJ
- Favorite tennis player past or present is Serena Williams
What is a team? What can it do for you? What can you do for a team? What will you contribute to FAU women's tennis?
- I think a team is about being able to push one another to be the best that they can be, not only in tennis but off the court as well. It’s about building relationships and working together to achieve success. I hope that my willingness, passion, and positivity will drive us to fight no matter what the situation is on the court and to never give up.