April 6, 2014
MIAMI, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University sand volleyball team split its two matches at the FIU Pairs Tournament on Saturday, defeating LSU 3-2, but losing to North Florida 4-1.
Megan Knapp and Mandy McIntosh won both of their matches at no. 4, needing three sets to defeat Bri Holman and Mimi Eugene of LSU, but beating Julie Trembley and Britt Claessens of UNF in straight sets.
Kristi Tekavec and Lexi Rhein rallied to defeat LSU's no. 5 tandem of Emma Hiller, dropping the first set, but taking the final two. Gabriella Pyle and Andrea Galinis clinched the win over the Tigers with a thrilling 17-15 third set victory over Malorie Pardo and Victoria Boraski.
The Owls will participate in the elimination round of the FIU Pairs Tournament on Sunday.
LSU Match Results
1. Meghan Mannari/Katie Lindelow (LSU) def. Darija Sataric/ Lauren D'Amato (FAU) 21-7, 21-14
2. Kaitlin Hatcher/Helen Boyle (LSU) def. Natalie Fraley/Beth Shoaff (FAU) 21-15, 21-7
3. Andrea Galinis/Gabriella Pyle (FAU) def. Malorie Pardo/Victoria Boraski (LSU) 17-21, 21-15, 17-15
4. Megan Knapp/Mandy McIntosh (FAU) def. Bri Holman/Mimi Eugene (LSU) 21-17, 18-21, 15-6
5. Kristi Tekavec/Lexi Rhein (FAU) def. Emma Hiller/Laura Whalen (LSU) 21-23, 21-7, 15-9
UNF Match Results
1. Dagnija Medina/Kim Hildreth (UNF) def. Darija Sataric/Lauren D'Amato (FAU) 21-11, 21-14
2. Anna Budinska/Cari Whitmire (UNF) def. Natalie Fraley/Beth Shoaff (FAU) 21-12, 21-11
3. Tanner Garbutt/Cameron McGuire (UNF) def. Andrea Galinis/Gabriella Pyle (FAU) 21-19, 21-15
4. Megan Knapp/Mandy McIntosh (FAU) def. Julie Tremblay/Britt Claessens (UNF) 21-17, 21-17
5. Emily Strack/Allison Shirley (UNF) def. Kristi Tekavec/Lexi Rhein (FAU) 21-16, 16-21, 10-15
Beach Volleyball Ranked 19th in Final DiG...
Beach Volleyball’s Clesen and Dischler...
11 Beach Volleyball Players Named to CCSA Honor...
Beach Volleyball Falls in Quarterfinals of CCSA...
Beach Volleyball Splits Day One at CCSA Tournament
Delaney Clesen Named to CCSA All-Academic Team
Beach Volleyball Heads to Inaugural CCSA...