Denton, Texas (April 22, 2017) - Florida Atlantic University's softball team split its doubleheader against Conference USA opponent North Texas on Saturday. The Owls won the first game 3-1 and lost the second game 3-2. FAU is now 30-16 on the year and 10-6 in conference play.
Game 1 Highlights
- Delaney Rickey went 2-for-3 and scored a run
- Mia Olson was 2-for-4 and had a RBI
- Samantha Lageyre and Amanda Peck each went 1-for-2 and scored a run
- Amanda Wilson pitched 7.0 innings and allowed one run on seven hits and had two strikeouts.
FAU was the first team on the board with two runs in the top of the second. The two runs were scored by Lageyre and Peck. North Texas answered back with a run of their own in the bottom of the third making the score 2-1. The score remained that way until the top of the seventh when Rickey scored on a single to left center by Olson. FAU held the Mean Green scoreless in the bottom of the seventh to close out the game.
Game 2 Highlights
- Tatum Buckley went 2-for-4 and had an RBI
- Mia Olson and Kaitlyn Burke each went 1-for-2
- Lauren Whitt and Emily Lochten each added a hit
- Tatum Buckley pitched 6.2 innings allowing three runs on eight hits adding two strikeouts.
The first run wasn’t scored until the bottom of the third inning by North Texas. The following inning, FAU scored one of their own and again in the fifth inning. The Owls had the lead 2-1 in the top of the seventh but were unable to score any runs in their at bat. They tried to hold off the North Texas to win the game but couldn’t as they allowed two runs and the Mean Green got the victory.
The Owls will be back in action in the rubber match on Sunday at 1 p.m. Eastern. You can also follow the team via fausports.com for an audio option or live scoring. Updates will also be available on the team’s Twitter account, @fauowlssoftball.