Miller's Double Puts FAU Through to Sunday
Messer Throws Four No-Hit Innings in Relief
The Owls had 204 student-athletes make the Honor Roll and 34 win the Commissioner's Academic Medal
Mickey Bell Hits Three-Run Homerun
Bell Singles for Team's Only Hit
• Platooned at catcher for most of the year
• Had RBI double in season opener vs. Arkansas (2/6/15)
• Walked, was hit by pitch and scored (2/14/15)
• Singled and drove in a run vs. Ball State (3/1/15)
• Drove in runs in back-to-back games vs. Bethune-Cookman (3/7 & 3/8/15)
• Went 2-for-3 with three RBI and a run scored at Louisiana Tech (3/15/15)
• Went 2-for-2 vs. Florida A&M in NCAA Regional (5/16/15)
Sophomore (2014): Emerged early in the season as the team's everyday catcher. Singled and drew a walk in season opener vs. Louisville. Singled and drove in run vs. South Carolina...drove in a run vs. Penn State...went 3-for-3 with three RBI and a run scored vs. Quinnipiac...went 2-for-4 in the Owls' next game vs. Michigan St...drove in game-winning runs in 4-2 victory in rematch with Michigan St...singled and scored two runs vs. Illinois...went 5-for-11 with two runs scored in series sweep of UTEP...homered vs. North Texas in C-USA tournament.
Freshman (at Lipscomb): While at Lipscomb University, Mickey received All-Freshmen team and All-Academic team honors.
High School: Mickey received All-Region MVP honors four times in high school for and also received All-State honors in softball four times in high school. Three-time all-region member in volleyball, as well as an All-Region selection in basketball.
Personal: Exercise science major. Professional goal is to become an athletic trainer. Daughter of David and Susan Bell. Her father, David, played minor league baseball for the Los Angeles Dodgers.