Owls Open C-USA Tournament Against UTSA
Cedeño Tabbed Second Team All-Conference
Owls Square Off Against Marshall
Owls Victorious on Senior Day
FAU Takes on FIU on Senior Day
The women's basketball team made their annual Halloween trip to ACTS Retirement-Life Community in Boca Raton, Fla.
The women's basketball team attended the 22nd Annual Buddy Walk for the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization on Sunday, Oct. 16.
Jr. Forward Sasha Cedeno (2014-present)
- Earned All-Conference USA Second Team honors
- The fifth leading scorer in Conference USA, averaging 17.2 points per game
- Had the fourth best three-point shooting percentage in C-USA (.364) and was the eighth leading rebounder in in the league averaging eight boards per game
- Became the eighth member of the FAU 1,000 Point Club on February 17 at FIU and finished her career with 1,014 points which is the eighth most in FAU history
- Her 170 career three pointers are the fourth most at FAU. Her 35.9 career shooting percentage from beyond the arc is also the fourth best mark at FAU
- Her 435 career rebounds is the 12th most at FAU
- She scored in double digits in 17 games and 10 of those she had 20-or-more, including 30 points in FAU's first program win against Louisiana Tech. Her points total against the Lady Techsters were the most by on Owl in nearly two years
- She was named to the C-USA Honor Roll on November 27 after having back-to-back double doubles at Indiana State and against St. Francis Brooklyn
- She had seven double-doubles on the season, the most on the team
- Made 11 starts and played in all 29 games
- Had a career-high 24 points at Arizona on 7-of-17 from the floor and 4-for-8 from beyond the arc and added a personal-best 10 boards
- Led the team in points per game overall (9.8) and against conference opponents (9.3) and in total 3-pointers made with 49
- Hit double figures in scoring 15 times, which is the most of any Owl this the season
- Now holds the fourth highest career 3-point field goal percentage at FAU (.357) and seventh most 3-point attempts in a season (159)
- Made 13 starts and played in 29 games
- Averaged 7.6 points and 3.0 rebounds per game
- Set new career-highs with 18 points at UTSA on Feb. 11, seven rebounds (Marshall 1/7) and six assists versus Delaware State on Nov. 27 and five three-pointers made against Marshall on Jan. 7
- Went 5-for-5 from three-point range at Middle Tennessee on Feb. 4. to set FAU single-game three-point percentage record
- Shot 44.2% from three-point range - second highest mark in FAU history
- Saw action in 29 games, scoring 5.1 points per contest
- Scored a career-high 15 points against Middle Tennessee on Jan. 10 and matched that mark on Jan. 29 against Charlotte
- Snagged seven rebounds at Rice on Feb. 21 while also making four three-pointers
- Shot .397 from the field and .328 from beyond the arc with 2.4 rebounds per game
- Finished the year second on the team with 13 blocks
- Averaged 17.9 points per contest, shot 40% from 3-point range, and led the district in blocks under head coach Adrian Bendick
- She was named first-team all-district each of her last two seasons and had more than 60 career blocks.
- Tallied more than 400 career points and 200 career rebounds for the Panthers.
- The daughter of Jundira and Cesar Cedeno. Major is Pre-Business.