Ra'Kyra Gabriel picked up a career-high 13 points and nine boards
The Owls will host Old Dominion on Saturday, Feb. 4 at 3 p.m.
Malia Kency had a team-high 15 points and career-best nine rebounds while Julia Jenike saw a career-high 14 points
The Owls went into the half with the lead but were outscored in all but one quarter as UAB took the win
The Owls will play UAB on Thursday, Jan. 19 and MT on Saturday, Jan. 21
Sophomore Forward Ra'Kyra Gabriel (2015-present)
The women's basketball team made their annual Halloween trip to ACTS Retirement-Life Community in Boca Raton, Fla.
The women's basketball team attended the 22nd Annual Buddy Walk for the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization on Sunday, Oct. 16.
- Played in 21 games until she suffered a season-ending injury in February against Old Dominion
- Shot .468 from the field and averaged 3.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game
- Set a career-high 13 points on a career-best 6-of-10 shooting in the Charlotte contest and saw a personal-best 10 rebounds against FGCU
- Played in all 30 games, starting in eight
- Had a career-high eight points in the 62-55 win at Florida Gulf Coast on Nov. 17
- Came down with a personal best eight rebounds in the 71-67 victory over Milwuakee on Nov. 24
- Shot .342 from the field
- Named All-Area and All-State multiple times at Brookside Christian High School, tallying 1,324 career points, 930 rebounds and 299 blocks under coaches Pico Wilburn and Que Ngo.
- As a senior, Gabriel averaged 11.6 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per contest.
- In her freshman campaign, she scored 18 points and grabbed seven rebounds in the state championship game.
- Graduated high school with a 3.45 grade point average.
- Led her squad to the 2011-12 and 2014-15 NorCal Championships and won the 2011-12 State Championship for Division 5.
- The daughter of Ruby Davis-Gabriel and Ronell Gabriel
- Ra'Kyra is studying English at FAU