Owls Topped By UTSA in C-USA Tournament
Owls Open C-USA Tournament Against UTSA
FAU Falls at Charlotte in Regular Season Finale
FAU Clinches Spot in C-USA Tourney with Win at Marshall
Owls Square Off Against Marshall
The women's basketball team made their annual Halloween trip to ACTS Retirement-Life Community in Boca Raton, Fla.
The women's basketball team attended the 22nd Annual Buddy Walk for the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization on Sunday, Oct. 16.
Junior Guard Malia Kency (2014-present)
- Leaves FAU with the third most career three-pointers with 176
- Her 254 career assists are the eighth most in FAU history
- She scored in double figures in 12 games and tied her career-high twice with 21 points at UTEP and at Marshall. She connected on six three-point shot attempts at Marshall to help bolster her 21 points
- She also had 20 points when the Owls hosted Marshall in Boca Raton
- She had 11 assists in the Owls' win against St. Francis Brooklyn in the FAU Thanksgiving Tournament
- Made 18 starts in 24 appearances averaging 25.6 minutes per game, which is the most of any Owl
- Led the team in assists with 60 on the year and set a career high with six in the win over Indiana State
- Tallied a season-high 19 points and set a career best in rebounds with nine in the first FIU contest
- Scored in double figures five times and was the team’s leading scorer against Florida Memorial and in both FIU games
- Averaged 7.4 points per game overall and 6.7 when facing conference opponents
- Played in 29 games, making four starts
- Averaged 5.2 points and 2.0 assists per game
- Ranked second on the team with 58 assists
- Scored a career-high 19 points against Delaware State on Nov. 27, which included a lifetime best six three-pointers
- Dished out a personal best five assists at Charlotte on Jan. 30
- Started 27 of the 30 games in which she played
- Named Freshman All-Conference USA after leading FAU with 52 three-pointers madeT
- Tied FAU Arena record with seven three-pointers made against Western Illinois on Nov. 23 en route to a career-high 21 points
- Averaged 7.5 points and 2.1 rebounds per game
- Dished out 53 assists while recording 22 steals
- Played basketball and softball and ran several track events in high school.
- Listed as a three-star athlete by ESPN, Kency was ranked as the 73rd best point guard in the nation.
- She was the Augusta Chronicle's All-Area Independent Player of the Year two years in a row and earned the Augusta Sports Council GAMES All-Around Female Athlete Silver Award.
- Kency was named All-Region and Best Offensive Player on her team all four years in high school and earned All-State in 2013-14 under head coach Keith Johnson.
- The daughter of Erice and Mary Ann Kency
- Graduated with honors and earned the President's Education Achievement Award
- Major is Pre-Engineering