Sept. 19, 2003
Coral Gables, FL - Three players on Florida Atlantic University's men's tennis team were invited to participate in the UM Fall Classic on Friday September, 19. Sophomores Kevin Obletz and David Demers, and junior F.J. Schofield combined with Alabama's tennis team to take on UCF players.
Each of the three particpated in a doubles and singles match. Schofield and Obletz teamed to win in doubles defeating Rhett Rosen and Gabriel Stangberg 9-8.
1. Catalin Bradu (UCF) def. Chris Gostek (Alabama) 7-6, 6-1.
2. Joseph Jung (Alabama) def. Gabriel Strangberg (UCF) 6-3, 5-7, 6-4.
3. Ener Gursoy (UCF) def. David Demers (FAU) 7-6, 6-0.
4. Antonio Sierra (UCF) def. Michael Green (Alabama) 6-3, 6-4.
5. Simon Jaeger (UCF) def. Kevin Obletz (FAU) 7-6, 3-6, 4-0 (retired).
6. Joel Allen (UCF) def. F.J. Schofield (FAU) 6-3, 3-6, 7-5.
1. Bradu/Sierra (UCF) def. Gostek/Joseph Jung (Alabama) 8-5.
2. Allen/Jaeger (UCF) def. Demers (FAU)/Green (Alabama) 8-5.
3. Schofield/Obletz (FAU) def. Rhett Rosen/Gabriel Strangberg (UCF) 9-8 (8-6).
Men's Tennis Opens C-USA Tournament Friday
Jimenez Named to Conference USA All-Academic Team
Remi Chancerel Named C-USA Tennis Athlete of...
Men's Tennis Falls 4-3 at No. 38 Georgia State
Thorsås and Chancerel Named FAU Players...
Men's Tennis Upends UAB, Improves to 17-5
Men's Tennis Tops Lipscomb on Senior Day