April 17, 2014
BOCA RATON, Fla. (April 17, 2014) – Florida Atlantic men’s tennis fell to Charlotte 4-0 on Thursday, the first day of the Conference USA Men’s Tennis Championships. The loss ends FAU’s season with a 10-11 overall record.
No. 11 seeded FAU was unable to get traction against the No. 6 seeded Charlotte dropping the doubles point and winning only one set in the match. FAU junior Will Neuner playing the No. 1 position was the only Owl to take a set with his match unfinished against Forrest Edwards. Neuner finished the season with a 10-7 overall record in singles and 12-6 overall record in doubles playing with several different partners. FAU sophomore Andrei Morin-Kougoucheff finished the season with an 8-7 overall record while missing several matches in the middle of the season due to a knee injury. FAU junior Richard Meade finished the season with a 9-9 overall record and won three consecutive matches prior to the CUSA tournament.
Tennis Match Results
Florida Atlantic vs Charlotte
4/17/2014 at Tulsa, Okla.
Charlotte 4, Florida Atlantic 0
1. Forrest Edwards (CHA) vs. Will Neuner (FAU) 3-6, 6-1, 0-1, unfinished
2. Kamil Khalil (CHA) vs. Andrei M-Kougoucheff (FAU) 6-6, unfinished
3. J. Massalle Ferrer (CHA) def. Meade, Richard (FAU) 6-3, 7-5
4. Alex Calott (CHA) def. Sean Bacha (FAU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Jack Williams (CHA) vs. Robert Dubuque (FAU) 7-5, 2-2, unfinished
6. Paul Cisti (CHA) def. Gerald Nickerson (FAU) 6-2, 6-3
1. Kamil Khalil/J. Massalle Ferrer (CHA) def. Will Neuner/Andrei M-Kougoucheff (FAU) 8-5
2. Forrest Edwards/Jack Williams (CHA) vs. Meade, Richard/Robert Dubuque (FAU) 4-4, unfinished
3. Alex Calott/Paul Cisti (CHA) def. Sean Bacha/Stefen Burnett (FAU) 8-1