April 15, 2005
DeLAND, FL - Florida Atlantic University had its Atlantic Sun Conference championship hopes dashed Friday evening in a 4-0 loss to UCF in the quarterfinals of the A-Sun Tournament in DeLand, FL. The Golden Knights won the doubles point and proceeded to win three singles matches to clinch the victory.
In singles, the Golden Knights made it 2-0 with a win at no. 5 before upping that margin to 3-0 with a win at no. 3. The outcome was clinched when Joel Allen defeated FAU's F.J. Schofield, 7-5, 7-6, at no. 2.
With the defeat, Florida Atlantic drops to 8-12 on the year.
UCF 4, Florida Atlantic 0
1. Antonello Magris (FAU) vs Ener Gursoy (UCF), DNF.
2. Joel Allen (UCF) d. F.J. Schofield (FAU) 7-5, 7-6.
3. Antonio Sierra (UCF) d. David Demers (FAU) 6-3, 7-5.
4. J.P. Bounassar (FAU) vs Sinan Sudas (UCF), DNF.
5. Sebastian Delgado (UCF) d. Kevin Obletz (FAU) 6-0, 7-5.
6. Simon Jaeger (UCF) vs Gianfranco Dossena (FAU), DNF.
1. Allen/Sierra (UCF) vs Dossena/Magris (FAU), DNF.
2. Delgado/Gursoy (UCF) d. Bounassar/Schofield (FAU) 8-2.
3. Jaeger/Rhett Rosen (UCF) d. Demers/Obletz (FAU) 8-2.
Miami Tops Men's Tennis 5-2
Men's Tennis Extends Streak with Win Versus...
Chancerel Named C-USA Tennis Athlete of the Week
Massey and Chancerel Represent as FAU Players...
Men's Tennis Wins Seventh Straight 7-0 Versus...
Men's Tennis Dominates FGCU 4-0, Wins Sixth...
Men's Tennis Tops Troy, Wins Fifth Straight