April 15, 2005
DeLAND, FL - Florida Atlantic University had its Atlantic Sun Conference championship hopes dashed Friday evening in a 4-0 loss to UCF in the quarterfinals of the A-Sun Tournament in DeLand, FL. The Golden Knights won the doubles point and proceeded to win three singles matches to clinch the victory.
In singles, the Golden Knights made it 2-0 with a win at no. 5 before upping that margin to 3-0 with a win at no. 3. The outcome was clinched when Joel Allen defeated FAU's F.J. Schofield, 7-5, 7-6, at no. 2.
With the defeat, Florida Atlantic drops to 8-12 on the year.
UCF 4, Florida Atlantic 0
1. Antonello Magris (FAU) vs Ener Gursoy (UCF), DNF.
2. Joel Allen (UCF) d. F.J. Schofield (FAU) 7-5, 7-6.
3. Antonio Sierra (UCF) d. David Demers (FAU) 6-3, 7-5.
4. J.P. Bounassar (FAU) vs Sinan Sudas (UCF), DNF.
5. Sebastian Delgado (UCF) d. Kevin Obletz (FAU) 6-0, 7-5.
6. Simon Jaeger (UCF) vs Gianfranco Dossena (FAU), DNF.
1. Allen/Sierra (UCF) vs Dossena/Magris (FAU), DNF.
2. Delgado/Gursoy (UCF) d. Bounassar/Schofield (FAU) 8-2.
3. Jaeger/Rhett Rosen (UCF) d. Demers/Obletz (FAU) 8-2.
Sell and Schohn Recognized as FAU Players of...
Schohn Shines, Leads FAU at Bedford Cup
Men's Tennis Opens Fall at Seahawk Invitational
FAU Athletics to Begin Construction on Varsity ...
Remi Chancerel Earned C-USA’s Second Team...
Men’s Tennis Downed 4-1 by ODU at C-USA...
Tennis Duo Honored for Academic Success