April 12, 2003
Jacksonville, FL - Jeremy Perez won in both doubles and singles but the Owls fell, 4-3, at Jacksonville University. The match was the last match of the regular season for FAU (8-12, 1-3).
The morning began with FAU taking the last two doubles matches to take an early 1-0 lead. Perez gave the Owls a 2-0 cushion by defeating Rich Davoli, 6-1, 6-1, at no. 5. That was the largest lead FAU would enjoy as JU steamrolled back to win four of the last five singles matches.
Juan Todero put FAU within one point of victory when he beat Dale Alderman, 6-4, 6-1, at no. 6.
FAU's next match will depend on where it is seeded in the A-Sun Tournament. The tournament will be held in DeLand, FL beginning April 16. Seeds will be announced April 14.
1. Ben Birkman (JU) def. David Demers (FAU) 6-1, 6-2.
2. Martin Hehensteiger (JU) def. Cristian Paiz (FAU) 6-4, 6-4.
3. Christoph Mueller (JU) def. F.J. Schofield (FAU) 6-4, 6-2.
4. Andres Rojas (JU) def. Ernest Diaz (FAU) 6-2, 6-3.
5. Jeremy Perez (FAU) def. Rich Davoli (JU) 6-1, 6-1.
6. Juan Todero (FAU) def. Dale Alderman (JU) 6-4, 6-1.
1. Birkman/Mueller (JU) def. Demers/Paiz (FAU) 8-2.
2. Plotnik/ Schofield (FAU) def. Hehensteiger/Rojas (JU) 8-6.
3. Diaz/Perez (FAU) def. Alderman/Devoli (JU) 8-3.
Men's Tennis Falls 4-3 at No. 38 Georgia State
Thorsås and Chancerel Named FAU Players...
Men's Tennis Upends UAB, Improves to 17-5
Men's Tennis Tops Lipscomb on Senior Day
Chancerel Named C-USA Tennis Athlete of the Week
Rickey and Chancerel Snag FAU Player of the...
Men's Tennis Sees Streak Snapped at Six