BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Junior Remi Chancerel won his tenth consecutive singles match as the Florida Atlantic University men’s tennis team improved to 17-5 with a 4-1 win at UAB on Sunday. FAU’s 17 wins are the third most in program history and the most since 2009.
• Chancerel and Andrei Morin-Kougoucheff opened the match with a 6-4 doubles win over Tim Dollman and Stefan Gonzalez. The Owl duo are now 11-5 on the season and 7-3 in their last ten decisions
• Arthur Stefani and Felipe Frias fell 6-2 to Eric Komati and Anru Fourie in No. 2 doubles as the Blazers tied the point • FAU’s Anthony Schohn and Alexander Gitin then knocked off Kenton Parton and Nikolai Manchev 6-4 to win the doubles point for the Owls
• Chancerel handled Komati to open singles play 6-2, 6-4 to improve to a Conference USA best 17-2 on the year
• Ignacio Jimenez then dropped his singles point 6-3, 6-4 to Parton in No. 6 singles
• Stefani avenged his doubles loss with a 7-6, 6-3 singles victory over Giovani Pasini in the No. 5 slot
• Schohn then clinched the match with his 7=6, 6-3 win over Stefan Gonzales in the No. 3 singles match
• Frias led his singles match 6-4, 2-6, 5-3 while Morin-Kougoucheff trailed 7-6, 5-4 when play ended
FAU takes on Georgia State on Monday, April 10 at 2:30 p.m. in Atlanta in their regular-season finale. From there, the Owls will compete for the Conference USA Championship in Murfreesboro, Tenn. April 21-23.