April 5, 2014
Boca Raton, Fla. (April 5, 2014) – Florida Atlantic men’s tennis beat Florida A&M in convincing fashion on Saturday, 4-0. FAU was able to win the doubles point and three singles matches to secure the victory played a day early due to weather. The win, FAU’s final match before the conference tournament, gives the Owls a 10-10 record on the season.
FAU head coach Ricardo Gonzalez credits his teams work ethic for the strong finish to the regular season.
“I am extremely pleased with the way we finished our season. Our guys were hungry to finish the regular season strong and they did,” said Gonzalez.
“They will be feeling confident going into conference tournament and that is very important.”
In doubles FAU junior Will Neuner and FAU sophomore Andrei Morin-Kougoucheff defeated C arlos Waitman and Zack Evenden 8-3. FAU juniors Richard Meade and Robert Dubuque defeated Courage Okungbowa and Admire Mushonga 8-4.
FAU now starts preparing for the Conference USA tournament April 17-20 in Tulsa, OK.
Tennis Match Results
Flroida A&M vs Florida Atlantic
4/5/2014 at Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic 4, Flroida A&M 0
1. Will Neuner (FAU) def. Mushonga, Admire (FAM) 6-1, 3-2, 99-0
2. Andrei M-Kougoucheff (FAU) vs. Evenden, Zack (FAM) 6-3, 3-1, unfinished
3. Richard Meade (FAU) def. Waitman, Carols (FAM) 6-3, 6-4
4. Sean Bacha (FAU) vs. Okungbowa, Courage (FAM) 2-6, 3-4, unfinished
5. Robert Dubuque (FAU) vs. Ortiz, Robert (FAM) 6-3, 3-3, unfinished
6. Gerald Nickerson (FAU) def. Evans, Jalen (FAM) 6-3, 6-0
1. Will Neuner/Andrei M-Kougoucheff (FAU) def. Waitman, Carols/Evenden, Zack (FAM) 8-3
2. Richard Meade/Robert Dubuque (FAU) def. Okungbowa, Courage/Mushonga, Admire (FAM) 8-4
3. Evans, Jalen/Ortiz, Robert (FAM) def. Sean Bacha/Stefan Burnett (FAU) 8-6