BOCA RATON, Fla. – Four Florida Atlantic University men’s tennis seniors took to their home courts for the final time and went out fittingly with a 5-2 win over Lipscomb on Friday at the FAU Tennis Complex. Seniors Andrei Morin-Kougoucheff, Felipe Frias, Stefan Burnett and Trey Nickerson were recognized in a pre-match ceremony. The Owls now sit at 16-5, the fourth-most wins in a season in program history.
• Lipscomb won the doubles point, but the FAU pair of Morin-Kougoucheff and Remi Chancerel won No. 1 doubles 7-5 to improve to 10-5 on the year.
• Ignacio Jimenez opened singles action with a 6-0, 6-1 win over George Wong to tie the match and to move to 12-4 on the season
• Frias followed suit with a 6-0, 6-4 victory against Thais Minet to put the Owls on top
• Anthony Schohn beat Daniel Cardenas 6-4, 6-3 in No. 3 singles, improving to 12-6 on the year
• Chancerel clinched the match with his 6-2, 6-2 win against Victor Chaw in No. 2 singles, winning his ninth straight and moving to a Conference USA-best 16-2
• Morin-Kougoucheff took care of Alejandro Manzanares 6-4, 2-6, 10-5 in the No. 1 spot and sits at 11-5 in 2017
• Arthur Stefani fell 6-0, 2-6, 6-4 to Jorge Ortegon in No. 5 singles
• The Owls are now 7-1 in their last eight matches
FAU will go on the road to face UAB on April 9 and wrap up the regular season at Georgia State on April 10 before going to Murfreesboro, Tenn. For the Conference USA Tournament April 21-23.