F.J. Schofield and FAU men's tennis continues to roll.
April 1, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - F.J. Schofield won his 12th consecutive singles match, helping Florida Atlantic University defeat Lynn University, 5-2, Thursday afternoon in Boca Raton, FL. The Owls led start to finish, improving their record to 12-5 on the year. The team has won nine straight matches.
FAU opened by stealing the doubles point when the duo of Antonello Magris and Cristian Paiz outlasted Oscar Argaez and Jan Macko at no. 1. Magris and Paiz needed a 7-4 tiebreak to win 9-8. Also in doubles, Schofield teamed with David Demers to win at no. 3.
The Fighting Knights battled back but C. Paiz, along with Schofield, won the final two matches of the day. C. Paiz won, 7-5, 7-6, at no. 2. Schofield had to fight back, trailing by one match and 4-2 in the second match, to win, 1-6, 7-6, 6-2. Schofield improved his individual record to 15-1.
FAU next takes on Stetson, 11:00 am April 3, in Boca Raton, FL.
1. Eduardo Monrones (LU) def. Antonello Magris (FAU) 6-3, 7-5.
2. Cristian Paiz (FAU) def. Regnier Azevedo (LU) 7-5, 7-6.
3. F.J. Schofield (FAU) def. Jan Macko (LU) 1-6, 7-6, 6-1.
4. Dennis Riegraf (LU) def. Gianfranco Dossena (FAU) 7-6, 6-2.
5. Kevin Obletz (FAU) def. Oscar Argaez (LU) 6-3, 6-2.
6. Mauricio Paiz (FAU) def. Dominik Selig (LU) 6-3, 6-0.
1. Magris/C. Paiz (FAU) def. Azevedo/Macko (LU) 9-8 (4).
2. Argaez/Monrones (LU) def. Dossena/M. Paiz (FAU) 8-4.
3. David Demers/Schofield (FAU) def. Adger Ellison/Riegraf (LU) 8-3.