NORFOLK, Va. – The Florida Atlantic University men’s tennis team saw its six-match win streak snapped with a 4-3 loss against Middle Tennessee on Sunday. The Owls are now 15-5 in their 2017 campaign.
"All credit to Middle Tennessee," FAU Head Coach Ricardo Gonzalez said. "They played a good match and they deserve the win. Our guys fought well, but were just a few points short. We will analyze the match and see where we came short but overall, I am pleased with the way we performed this weekend."
• The Blue Raiders won the doubles point, taking the No. 1 doubles 7-5 and No. 3 7-6
• In singles action, FAU’s Remi Chancerel won his eighth consecutive match and improved to 15-2 on the year with his 6-3, 6-4 win over Gonzalo Morell
• No. 124 Andrei Morin-Kougoucheff won his tenth singles match with a 7-6, 6-2 victory against Tom Moonen
• FAU also earned a point in Ignacio Jimenez’s 6-1, 7-6 win against Max Rauch in No. 6 singles
• Anthony Schohn and Felipe Frias each suffered three-set losses while Arthur Stefani fell 6-2, 7-6
FAU will host Lipscomb for Senior Day on April 7 at the FAU Tennis Complex. Admission is free to the public.