March 25, 2005
BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University was defeated by the University of Wisconsin, 6-1, Friday afternoon in Boca Raton, FL. The Badgers (6-8) swept the doubles matches before winning five of the six singles matches. Kevin Obletz was the lone winner for the Owls (5-8) on the day.
Wisconsin rolled through doubles, winning all three matches by an 8-6 score. In singles, the Badgers won at no. 6 to take a 2-0 lead. The Owls pulled to within 2-1 when Obletz defeated Brian Ko, 6-3, 6-1, at no. 5. The Badgers then swept the final four matches from no. 1 to no. 4 to take the 6-1 victory. FAU's F.J. Schofield saw his seven-match winning streak come to end with a 6-2, 6-0 loss to Jeremy Sonkin at no. 2.
Florida Atlantic is next in action Sunday when it hosts Arkansas-Little Rock at 11:00am.
Wisconsin 6, Florida Atlantic 1
1. Alexander Kasarov (UW) d. Antonello Magris (FAU) 6-4, 6-2.
2. Jeremy Sonkin (UW) d. F.J. Schofield (FAU) 6-2, 6-0.
3. Lachezar Kasarov (UW) d. David Demers (FAU) 6-4, 6-2.
4. Felipe Bellido (UW) d. J.P. Bounassar (FAU) 6-1, 6-4.
5. Kevin Obletz (FAU) d. Brian Ko (UW) 6-3, 6-1.
6. Mark Weinig (UW) d. Mauricio Paiz (FAU) 6-0, 6-1.
1. A. Kasarov/L. Kasarov (UW) d. Gianfranco Dossena/Magris (FAU) 8-6.
2. Jordan Rameisch/Steve Guntly (UW) d. Bounassar/Schofield (FAU) 8-6.
3. Elliott Bisnow/Sonkin (UW) d. Demers/Obletz (FAU) 8-6.