March 24, 2003
New Orleans, LA - Playing in its fourth match in as many days, Florida Atlantic University could only manage one point in a 4-1 loss to the University of New Orleans. Cristian Paiz, the senior who sealed the comeback victory over Wisconsin the previous day, was the lone Owl to win a singles match. Paiz, who has won five out of his last six singles matches, beat Anders Oding, 6-4, 6-2 at no. 4.
1. Victory Coven (UNO) def. Kevin Obletz (FAU) 6-3, 6-4.
2. Mickael Chkroun (UNO) def. David Demers (FAU) 6-1, 6-3.
3. Pierre Ros-Barbier (UNO) def. Jeremy Perez (FAU) 6-1, 6-0.
4. Cristian Paiz (FAU) def. Anders Oding (UNO) 6-4, 6-2.
1. Chkroun/Loven (UNO) def. Demers/Paiz (FAU) 8-6.
2. Obletz/Perez (FAU) def. Julien De LA Mettrie/ Jon Monk (UNO) 8-4.
3. Oding/Ros-Barbier (UNO) def. F.J. Schofield/Ernest Diaz (FAU) 8-4.
Men's Tennis Falls 4-3 at No. 38 Georgia State
Thorsås and Chancerel Named FAU Players...
Men's Tennis Upends UAB, Improves to 17-5
Men's Tennis Tops Lipscomb on Senior Day
Chancerel Named C-USA Tennis Athlete of the Week
Rickey and Chancerel Snag FAU Player of the...
Men's Tennis Sees Streak Snapped at Six