March 19, 2014
BOCA RATON, Fla. – Florida Atlantic men’s tennis defeated SCAD Savannah 7-0 on Wednesday. FAU looked dominant in the return of Andrei Morin-Kougoucheff to competition. The Owls won at every position in both singles and doubles and lost only on set on the day. The win against SCAD stopped a three-match skid for the Owls and moves FAU to 8-9 on the season.
FAU junior Sean Bacha and FAU freshman teamed up to defeat Jack Anton and Yulin Liu 8-4. FAU junior Richard Meade and FAU sophomre John Nowak defeated Joao Freitas and Darnell Squbin 8-5. FAU freshmen Stefan Burnett and Harrison Heysek defeated Theo Gough and Manatsa Mazimbe 8-2.
FAU junior Will Neuner playing in the No. 1 position for the sixth time this season defeated Jack Anton 6-3, 6-2. FAU’s Sean Bacha defeated Theo Gough 6-0, 6-0 playing in the No. 2 position for only the second time this season. FAU sophomre Andrei Morin-Kougoucheff in his first match back after injuring his knee earlier this season defeated Joao Freitas 5-7, 6-1, 10-4. FAU junior Robert Dubuque defeated Manatsa Mazimbe 6-0, 6-1. FAU freshman Gerald Nickerson defeated Darnell Squibin 7-5, 6-3. FAU sophomore John Nowak defeated Yulin Liu 6-4, 7-6.
Florida Atlantic 7, Savannah Co. of Art and Design 0
3/19/2014 at Boca Raton, FL
1. Will Neuner (FAU) def. Jack Anton (SCAD) 6-3, 6-2
2. Sean Bacha (FAU) def. Theo Gough (SCAD) 6-0, 6-0
3. Andrei M-Kougoucheff (FAU) def. Joao Freitas (SCAD) 5-7, 6-1, 10-4
4. Robert Dubuque (FAU) def. Manatsa Mazimbe (SCAD) 6-0, 6-1
5. Gerald Nickerson (FAU) def. Darnell Squbin (SCAD) 7-5, 6-3
6. John Nowak (FAU) def. Yulin Liu (SCAD) 6-4, 7-6 (7-6)
1. Sean Bacha/Gerald Nickerson (FAU) def. Jack Anton/Yulin Liu (SCAD) 8-4
2. Richard Meade/John Nowak (FAU) def. Joao Freitas/Darnell Squbin (SCAD) 8-5
3. Stefan Burnett/Harrison Heysek (FAU) def. Theo Gough/Manatsa Mazimbe (SCAD) 8-2