March 19, 2003
BOCA RATON, FL- - Florida Atlantic University dropped a pair of matches Wednesday afternoon and evening. The Owls faced Cornell University in the afternoon then traveled to Patch Reef Park to take on the University of Nebraska in the evening. FAU fell in the first match 4-0, leaving the last three singles matches undecided once the match's fate was determined. The Owls dropped the second match 6-1.
Cristian Paiz recorded two wins for the day. The senior teamed with Oscar Plotnik to win in no. 3 doubles against Cornell, 8-3. Paiz then went on to record FAU's lone singles win against Nebraska, beating Jacek Wolicki, 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 at no 2.
The first match was called once Cornell seized a 4-0 lead. Singles four through six were left as unfinished.
Cornell 4, Florida Atlantic 0
1. Cheng/Matt Cherner-Ranft (CU) def. Demers/F.J. Schofield 9-8.
2. McKeon/Michael Schalppig (CU) def. Jeremy Perez/Juan Todero 8-2.
3. Paiz/Oscar Plotnik (FAU) def. Paltrowitz/Scott Spencer 8-3.
Nebraska 6, Florida Atlantic 1
1. Florian Preissler (NU) def. Kevin Obletz (FAU) 4-6, 6-2, 10-8.
2. Cristian Paiz (FAU) def. Jacek Wolicki (NU) 4-6, 6-2, 6-3.
3. Joerg Barthel (NU) def. Jeremy Perez (FAU) 4-6, 7-6, (10-7).
4. D.J. Geatz (NU) def. Ernest Diaz (FAU) 6-1, 6-2.
5. Patrick Kennedy (NU) def. Juan Todero (FAU) 6-4, 6-3.
6. Joel Reckewey (NU) def. Oscar Plotnik (FAU) 2-6, 6-0, 7-5.
1. David Demers/Paiz(FAU) def. Geatz/Wolicki (NU) 8-3.
2. Barthel/Jose Rivera (NU) def. Thiago Cunha/Roman Kowalski (FAU) 8-0.
3. Preissler/Cesar Vargas (NU) def. Perez/Obletz (FAU) 8-5.