March 13, 2014
BOCA RATON, Fla. (March 13, 2014) – Florida Atlantic men’s tennis fell to in-conference competitor Eastern Carolina on Wednesday 4-2. FAU looked good early winning the doubles point but was unable to hold on the match losing four singles matches and falling to 4-2. The lost to ECU is the Owls third consecutive loss dropping FAU to 7-9 on the season.
FAU’s Richard Meade was the only player to secure a point for the Owls in singles, defeating Mario Martinez 7-5, 6-1. FAU junior Sean Bacha was one game away from a win against Damien Brenard, but his match was unfinished because ECU had already clinched the match.
East Carolina 4, Florida Atlantic 2
1. #19 Joran Vliegen (ECU) def. Will Neuner (FAU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Richard Meade (FAU) def. Mario Martinez (ECU) 7-5, 6-1
3. Sean Bacha (FAU) vs. Damien Brenard (ECU) 5-7, 5-6, unfinished
4. Nicolas Soriano (ECU) def. Robert Dubuque (FAU) 7-5, 2-6, 6-2
5. Blake Gregory (ECU) def. Gerald Nickerson (FAU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Fredric Lehfeldt (ECU) def. Stefan Burnett (FAU) 6-4, 6-1
1. Joran Vliegen/Colin Roller (ECU) def. Sean Bacha/Gerald Nickerson (FAU) 8-4
2. Richard Meade/Robert Dubuque (FAU) def. Damien Brenard/Nicolas Soriano (ECU) 8-6
3. Will Neuner/Stefan Burnett (FAU) def. Patriek Wolterbeek/Miles Holvoet (ECU) 8-2
Sell and Schohn Recognized as FAU Players of...
Schohn Shines, Leads FAU at Bedford Cup
Men's Tennis Opens Fall at Seahawk Invitational
FAU Athletics to Begin Construction on Varsity ...
Remi Chancerel Earned C-USA’s Second Team...
Men’s Tennis Downed 4-1 by ODU at C-USA...
Tennis Duo Honored for Academic Success