March 13, 2014
BOCA RATON, Fla. (March 13, 2014) – Florida Atlantic men’s tennis fell to in-conference competitor Eastern Carolina on Wednesday 4-2. FAU looked good early winning the doubles point but was unable to hold on the match losing four singles matches and falling to 4-2. The lost to ECU is the Owls third consecutive loss dropping FAU to 7-9 on the season.
FAU’s Richard Meade was the only player to secure a point for the Owls in singles, defeating Mario Martinez 7-5, 6-1. FAU junior Sean Bacha was one game away from a win against Damien Brenard, but his match was unfinished because ECU had already clinched the match.
East Carolina 4, Florida Atlantic 2
1. #19 Joran Vliegen (ECU) def. Will Neuner (FAU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Richard Meade (FAU) def. Mario Martinez (ECU) 7-5, 6-1
3. Sean Bacha (FAU) vs. Damien Brenard (ECU) 5-7, 5-6, unfinished
4. Nicolas Soriano (ECU) def. Robert Dubuque (FAU) 7-5, 2-6, 6-2
5. Blake Gregory (ECU) def. Gerald Nickerson (FAU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Fredric Lehfeldt (ECU) def. Stefan Burnett (FAU) 6-4, 6-1
1. Joran Vliegen/Colin Roller (ECU) def. Sean Bacha/Gerald Nickerson (FAU) 8-4
2. Richard Meade/Robert Dubuque (FAU) def. Damien Brenard/Nicolas Soriano (ECU) 8-6
3. Will Neuner/Stefan Burnett (FAU) def. Patriek Wolterbeek/Miles Holvoet (ECU) 8-2
Men's Tennis Opens C-USA Tournament Friday
Jimenez Named to Conference USA All-Academic Team
Remi Chancerel Named C-USA Tennis Athlete of...
Men's Tennis Falls 4-3 at No. 38 Georgia State
Thorsås and Chancerel Named FAU Players...
Men's Tennis Upends UAB, Improves to 17-5
Men's Tennis Tops Lipscomb on Senior Day