F.J. Schofield has helped FAU win four consecutive matches.
March 13, 2004
BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University swept the doubles matches and positions one through four on way to defeating Radford University, 5-2, Saturday afternoon in Boca Raton, FL. F.J. Schofield won his eighth consecutive match in helping the Owls improve their record to 7-5 on the year. Schofield won, 6-0, 6-2, at no. 3.
FAU quickly extended its lead to 3-0 when Antonello Magris blanked Brandon Johnson, 6-0, 6-0, at no. 1. Schofield's win immediately followed.
Cristian Paiz put the finishing touches on the match by winning, 6-3, 6-4 at no. 2. Paiz now stands 3-1 on the year.
Already up 4-0, David Demers tacked on another point for FAU, winning 6-4, 6-4 at no. 4. Demers has now won four consecutive singles matches.
RU won the final two singles matches finalizing the score.
The Owls host Wisconsin University, 2:00 pm March 17, in Boca Raton, FL.
1. Antonello Magris (FAU) def. Brandon Johnson (RU) 6-0, 6-0.
2. Cristian Paiz (FAU) def. Arthur Vasarevic (RU) 6-3, 6-4.
3. F.J. Schofield (FAU) def. Andre' Cavaco (RU) 6-0, 6-2.
4. David Demers (FAU) def. Joakim Arhammar(RU) 6-4, 6-4.
5. Robel Mengisteab (RU) def. Kevin Obletz (RU) 3-6, 6-4 (6).
6. Dominic Soeur (RU) def. Mauricio Paiz (FAU) 6-4, 7-5.
1. Magris/C. Paiz (FAU) def. Johnson/Soeur (RU) 8-1.
2. Demers/Schofield (FAU) def. Cavaco/Vasarevic (RU) 8-1.
3. Dossena/Obletz (FAU) def. Arhammar/Mengisteab (RU) 8-2.