BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Florida Atlantic University senior Remi Chancerel clinched the winning point for the second consecutive match, lifting the men's tennis team to a 4-2 victory over UAB on Sunday.
- Due to impending weather, singles were played first and, as FAU clinched the four required points for victory, doubles were not played
- Ignacio Garcia put FAU on top with his 6-2, 6-1 win over UAB's Kenton Parton in No. 4 singles
- UAB's Stefan Gonzalez equalized the match in a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Jason Legall
- Gabriel Sidney improved to 12-2 on the year after a 6-4, 7-5 win over Anru Fourie
- Arthur Stefani beat Nikolai Manchev 6-4, 7-6 in No. 6 singles
- UAB's Giovani Pasini topped Thomas Bugeaud 6-4, 7-6 to make it a 3-2 match
- Chancerel then fended off Tim Dollman 6-4, 1-6, 7-5 to seal the 12th victory of the season for the Owls
Monday, March 12, the Owls will host Georgia State in a match that has been moved to 9 a.m. due to impending weather. The men's and women's teams will be playing simultaneously and admission is free at the FAU Tennis Complex.