Senior Cristian Paiz is 6-4 in singles dual match play.
March 11, 2003
BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University started its Monday afternoon match against no. 75 American University red hot, but cooled long enough for the Eagles to come from behind and win, 4-3. On its way to a 3-0 lead, FAU swept through the doubles matches, and then proceeded to win the first two singles matches. Momentum soon changed however, as the Owls ended the match by dropping the last four singles matches.
Following doubles, F.J. Schofield gave FAU a 2-0 cushion when he ran by Ruben Rivero, 6-2, 6-1, at no. 4. Not long after Schofield's victory senior Cristian Paiz followed with a 6-3, 6-2, win of his own at no. 3.
1. Guillaume Tarralle (AU) def. David Demers (FAU) 4-6, 6-2, 6-4.
2. Tushar Garg (AU) def. Kevin Obletz (FAU) 6-4, 7-6.
3. Cristian Paiz (FAU) def. Kyle Bailey (AU) 6-3, 6-2.
4. F.J. Schofield (FAU) def. Ruben Rivero (AU) 6-2, 6-1.
5. Juancarlo Vazquez (AU) def. Oscar Plotnik (FAU) 6-1, 6-4.
6. Juan Jaysingh (AU) def. Ernest Diaz (FAU) 6-3, 6-3.
1. Demers/Schofield (FAU) def. Darg/Jahah Fliegelman (AU) 9-8.
2. Obletz/Perez (FAU) def. Bailey/Rivero (AU) 9-8.
3. Paiz/Plotnik (FAU) def. Jaysingh/Tarralle (AU) 8-6.